In the Community: ‘Connect 2 Protect’Jul 30, 2013
What’s Happening …
- People of Victory: Lady’s Night Social for women living with HIV – Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 5pm-7pm (TONIGHT) – Facilitator: Valentine Djelaj, MSW – Beautiful Resource Center 1415 Glynn Ct #111 Detroit, MI 48206 – (313) 733-8183
- Email or call (586-307-2215) Valentina Djelaj (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in being involved with the leadership and sustainability of C2P®. She will send all interested members (including those that have already signed up at the meeting) an email to discuss next steps in the process.
- SEMHAC: Community Open House – Friday, August 2, 2013 at 11:30am –At the Charles H. Wright Museum – The Affordable Care Act & Ryan White – for more info: (313) 876-0186
- Any youth interested in being apart of the Youth Speakers Bureau, please contact: Jenny Murphy (313) 456-2181/ MurphyJ7@michigan.gov or Kimberly Snell at SnellK@michigan.gov for more information.
- Beautiful Resource Center is hosting its “POZitively Social Night” the 1st Thursday of each month from 7pm – 10pm. This event is a once a month social & discussion for people living with HIV or family, friends or partners of people living with HIV.
- Teen Hype: August 8th “Hype the Roof” … Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
- Keshaum Houston is the NEW Youth Linkage to Care Specialist for the SMILE Program :-). Her contact information is: email@example.com or (313) 574-5862
- Status 15: Protection Stations – Palmer Park, WSU Student Center (Middle of Campus), Woodward Bar & Grill 6426 Woodward Ave.
- Project PREPare: Youth 18-23, will receive $500 over 48 weeks; call Bryn at (313) 924-8223 for more information.
- Planned Parenthood: A Community Outreach Educator Position will be opening soon on their website. Click here to see current job openings.
Source: Connect to Protect®-Detroit / Wayne State University School of Medicine